Sunday, February 24, 2013

Whaaaaat? Hello 2013!

I tried having a "real" blog a couple years ago. Yeah, the kind with its own paid-for domain name. I was unemployed at the time and treating it as a pet project and as an online portfolio for my work. I'm not a good blogger, or maybe I just haven't found the right subject to blog about.

As with other expressive forms (creative writing, visual art, etc.) what seems to matter is the honesty. It's not just about entertaining, but also feeling "real." Each of us can easily rattle off the name of one poser or another. To myself I must be true, but do I have to be true to people stumbling across my random blog postings? 

Honesty can be painful. For example, one of my most wonderful and touching paintings is also one of my most painful ones. I let out my insecurities. Geesh, I even have trouble thinking about it. Now I have an urge to post a photo of it here... too bad I don't have a photo of it. Yet. 

So that brings me to wonder if blogging would be helpful for me. I could blog about my real life. The personal stuff I struggle with. That idea scares me.

If nothing else, adding an online portfolio of my work and experience somewhere is probably not a bad idea! 

No comments:

Post a Comment