Thursday, February 28, 2013

5K!

I just signed up for my very first 5K. Eeek! It is scheduled for Saturday May 18, 2013. I was surfing Facebook and saw an update from the race page reminding followers that prices are set to go up at midnight. I figured it was a sign, especially since item number 21 on my "30 before Thirty" list is to run a 5k, and I just posted the list last night. (Bonus motivation: my boyfriend already registered for the half marathon.)
This 5K is a part weekend events for the Cellcom Green Bay Marathon. Who knows, maybe this running thing will stick with me and I can do the Marathon some day... we'll see how this 5K run goes first.
Something which is really appealing about these races is they end with a lap around inside Lambeau Field. I love the Packers and really look forward to seeing their home again.


No comments:

Post a Comment