Wednesday, March 6, 2013

OH SUGAR!

OH SUGAR! I know I shouldn't eat it, but I have a terrible sweet tooth. Additionally, I work in an office where people like to bring in treats. For example, I declined a piece of cake on Monday, a donut on Tuesday, and a cookie today. That is a step in the correct direction, right? Right?

According to my daily food diary I consume WAY TOO MUCH SUGAR. After I looked a little closer, I realized it is usually natural sugar from fruit. I try not to worry about those sugar grams, but it does add up. All things in moderation* and I need to be more moderate with my sugar intake.

My greatest downfall is chocolate. I looooooove a good chocolate. Chocolate and peanut butter, chocolate and almonds, chocolate ganache, chocolate donuts. Okay, enough of that. It is NOT helping!

What does seem to help, however, is dark chocolate. Specifically: Dove Promises. I think the special combination of a slightly sweetened piece of chocolate with an uplifting message really allows me to slow down and enjoy that bit of sweetness.

*Even moderation itself, we all have to let loose sometimes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment